"Autumn Interlude," shot at Washington's Headquarters in Morristown, NJ, in 2012, received top honors in the Coastal Photo Club's mini-competition in June.
Quote of the Month
"To create one's world in any of the arts takes courage.”
More at Quotations for Writers
News see also: News Archive
- Sitting up there on The RavensPerch: four poems!
- "First Taste" accepted for publication by Flying South 2017.
- "Gallery-sitting" a semi-finalist for the 2017 James Applewhite Poetry Prize sponsored by North Carolina Literary Review.
- Writers! "Writing Poetry: Next Steps" will run October 4 - November 8 through the Craven Community College Adult Enrichment Program.
- "Leaving the Ceremony" was published in Ponder Review. (For all you writers: it had been rejected by 7 other journals, before assorted revisions. But, it was printed with altered punctuation that didn't make sense to me. Go figure.)
- Long-listed in in the Don't Talk to Me About Love Poetry Contest 2017: "Just (us) in Time."
- Longlisted in The Rialto Nature and Place Poetry Competition: "The Loneliness of the Mortal Coil."
- "Summertime" was selected by Atlantic Coast Landscaping to appear on the banner they are sponsoring for the Banner Project promoting the arts and civic pride in New Bern.
...what if she did not go home?
She snuffs the thought,
hardened into what she was,
—from "The Candle Party" by Jeanne Julian
See The RavensPerch
"My Thoughts Ever Bend Toward You" (above) received Best In Show honors from the Coastal Photo Club in its spring competition. "Couple on St. Peters Roof" and "On the Road to a Broken Heart" (below) placed first and second in the monochrome division.
You may order my chapbook,
Blossom and Loss, right here
with PayPal. Orders also may be placed through your local bookseller, Longleaf Press, or
Amazon. Thank you!