...In the shipyard vessels slip the cradle,
miraculously floating as once your ribs
voyaged above my heart, I your Arafura.
My curious hands caress absence
as it chimes the hours. Sixteen bells.
—from "Widow's Walk" by Jeanne Julian
Forthcoming in Naugatuck River Review
In January: the entrance to the Weymouth Center for the Arts, home of North Carolina Poetry Society conferences.
"'Vendesi' (Burano, Italy)" and "Study in Texture" will be part of the Coastal Photo Club's exhibit at the Bank of the Arts in New Bern, NC, in January and February 2019.
Quote of the Month
“Form at its best provokes creativity.”
More at Quotations for Writers
News see also: News Archive
- Red Clay Review out of Central Carolina Community College will publish three of my poems in their upcoming issue with a music theme: "American Music," "Epithalamium," and "In Her Hands"—the latter written for the annual North Carolina Poetry Society sestina contest years ago. It didn't win a prize, but it'll now see publication!
- Thanks to Black Mountain Press and The Halcyone Magazine editorial staff who selected my work for inclusion The Sixty Four Best Poets of 2018. It's expected to be released in January 2019.
- My first full-length collection, Light Source, has been accepted for publication by The Poetry Box Select. Wow!
- "Widow's Walk" was chosen as a finalist in Naugatuck River Review's 10th Annual Narrative Poetry Contest. This delights me because it's one of the first journals to publish one of my poems. And, it's out of our old stomping grounds, Western Massachusetts. The editor, Lori Desrosiers, is a fine poet in her own right, and the contest judge was Allison Joseph. The poem will be published in the Review's winter/spring 2019 contest issue, which will be out in January.
- My latest chapbook, Relic and Myth, was released by Prolific Press in November 2018.
You may order either of my chapbooks right here
with PayPal. Orders also may be placed through your local bookseller (click on badge below) or the publishers (click on cover images).