News Archive 2017
- "Leaving the Ceremony" was published in Ponder Review. (For all you writers: it had been rejected by 7 other journals, before assorted revisions. But, it was printed with altered punctuation that didn't make sense to me. Go figure.)
- Long-listed in in the Don't Talk to Me About Love Poetry Contest 2017: "Just (us) in Time."
- Longlisted in The Rialto Nature and Place Poetry Competition: "The Loneliness of the Mortal Coil."
- "Close Calls" received an Honorable Mention in this year's Thomas H. McDill Award competition sponsored by the North Carolina Poetry Society. I read the at the spring meeting in Southern Pines, NC, at the end of May, and heard lots of wonderful work from students and poets from across the state.
- My poem "Force" is in the Spring 2017 issue of Snapdragon: A Journal of Arts and Healing, with the theme of "Resistance."
- Rarely is there a lack of discouragement when your inbox delivers a rejection note. But also, rarely are those notes personalized. Thank you, editors of One, for your graciousness.
-Three enthusiastic poets completed my "Writing Poetry: Next Steps" course, offered through the Adult Enrichment Program at Craven Community College. They came away with many revised and new poems. AEP is not running in the summer, but I may be able to offer the course again next fall.